Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Bow bow - Dog Park

From the time i was a lil' girl, one thing that i feared most ( among a 100 others! ) was "dogs". Though that does not mean that i hated them. I was scared! I liked them from a distance. hi hi hi. Whenever we (me and mum,daddy) used to pay visits to any of our friends place, the first thing that i used to ask my parents was, "Do they have a dog???" And if the answer was positive, i would not get out of the car till i was made sure that i am at a very safe distance from the dog( preferably, the backyard )! Well, there has been an instance when i entered a house forgetting to make the doggy enquiry before entering the gate. And that was an alarming day i say! I get in, exchange pleasantries and sit on the couch. A little later i feel something very soft and fluffy by my toes. I bend casually to check out what it is. And the next thing that everyone hears simultaneously is a loud shriek and a bark! I guess the word "scare" applied to both me and the lil' dog. Ahem! It was a lil' dachshund. I was on the couch and was trying to reach the showcase on the wall to stay out of his reach! And Mr. Dachshund had the time of his life and was barking his head off! So to say, everybody excluding both of us (me and the doggy) had a amicable moment!

Bottom line, me and dogs never teamed up! 

Currently, the place i stay is surrounded by a number of beautiful parks, inspiring us to take strolls once in a while. And to my huge surprise, there are parks dedicated for dogs too, "Dog Parks". Ahaa! My hubby likes dogs and had been telling me about his fun visits with his friends (dog lovers) to the "dog parks". I got to hear from him about how well trained and well mannered the dogs are here. This was truly an encouragement for the chicken in me. So last day, my hubby took me to there. And i have to admit, it was a lovely sight to watch. The owners treated their dogs just like kids. Taking care that they don't wander away or play for long in the water. There was a lady who spoke to us about her worries over her dogs limping, just the way we hear our parents worrying about us. It was heartfelt love that ran between them. 

Though deep inside i was scared to touch the dogs, i could not stop from doing so. As we walked in the park, many dogs came to us - licking, smelling and waiting to be caressed. The chicken in me had to bow to their love. Nobody can show their backs to such loving beings, just as no one can turn their faces towards little kids. Its like how i heard from my husband - you give them your heart and they will give you theirs.